Ken Goodman says it well: It’s high expectations, not standards that we need.
- RT @D_Stieber: I don't give a damn what appointed school board votes tom we will continue to march organize & build unity to force #Rahm ou… 13 hours ago
- RT @WBEZeducation: RT @suntimes: Manierre spared the ax as Chicago Board of Ed prepares for Wed vote on school closings. #CPSclosings http:… 13 hours ago
- RT @MSGunderson: In Chicago this is School Closings Eve. There are 1,000's of us who have worked our hearts out trying to prevent this. No … 13 hours ago
- RT @CTULocal1: I just broadcasted chicagoteachers (chicagoteachers) live on #Ustream! Check it out! May 20, 2013, 3:25 PM http://t.co/Tx5b4… 1 day ago
- RT @banditelli: Do you LOVE Asean Johnson and WANT MOAR? Here's moar: ow.ly/lfzIS #cpsclosings if you missed his speech: http://… 1 day ago
In this Blog
Common TopicsAn Open Letter from Arne Duncan to America's Teachers Chicago Chicago Public Schools Chicago Teachers Union Common Core State Standards Deborah Meier Diane Ravitch DREAM Act edreform edublogs education Education Bill of Rights Education Reform extended school day Fred Klonsky Gates Foundation gentrification high-stakes testing IEA IFT Illinois immigration Jonah Edelman Jonathon Kozol longer school day Matt Damon Matt Farmer Mikva Challenge new blog Pearson Learning Pedro Noguera PERA Race to the Top Rahm Emanuel Save Our Schools school funding Shel Trapp Sir Ken Robinson Stand for Children IL Stephen Krashen summer reading teachers turnarounds UseYourTeacherVoice VIVAteachers