Subscribe for a High School teacher’s commentary on education news from around Chicago and the US and how it affects teaching and learning in today’s classroom.
- Young #Chicago students fuel'd 2 make a #healthycps gardens, lunches, STI prevention, mental health, food deserts, exercise @MikvaChallenge 1 day ago
- #findinggoodinthehood w @ImagineEnglewoodIf 1 day ago
- #Chicago is worst on nation for #STIs. @ChiPubSchools students can be trained to teach sex ed. @healthycps @MikvaChallenge @bhangrajay 1 day ago
- @MikvaBrian @bhangrajay has excellent ideas fr #Chicago Dept of Public Health. Thoughts on the closing Mental Health Centers? #OChi 1 day ago
- Lots of #Chicago resources for young ppl and their families to engage in #healthycps actions for transformation @MikvaChallenge 1 day ago
In this Blog
Common Topics#OccupyPiccolo #OccupytheClassroom #Parents Across America abstraction accountability An Open Letter from Arne Duncan to America's Teachers Arne Duncan Aspen Institute AUSL Bill Ayers Blocks Together Brown vs Board of Education Chicago Chicago Public Schools Chicago Teachers Union Christopher Koch Common Core Common Core State Standards creativity Deborah Meier Diane Ravitch DREAM Act edreform edublogs education Education Bill of Rights Education Reform experiential learning extended school day Fred Klonsky Gates Foundation gentrification Governor Pat Quinn Harvard Business Review high-stakes testing high expectations IEA IFT Illinois Illinois Humanities Council immigration ISBE Jonah Edelman Jonathon Kozol Ken Goodman longer school day Matt Damon Matt Farmer Mikva Challenge new blog No Child Left Behind Pearson Learning Pedro Noguera PERA Race to the Top Rahm Emanuel reading reasoning Save Our Schools SaveOurSchools March school closure school funding segregation Shel Trapp Sir Ken Robinson standards Stand for Children IL Stephen Krashen summer reading teachers Tucker Carlson Turnaround turnarounds UseYourTeacherVoice VIVAteachers