Ken Goodman says it well: It’s high expectations, not standards that we need.
- Brown: Time for an elected school board - Chicago Sun-Times suntimes.com/news/brown/202… via @suntimes 3 days ago
- Day 3 of #CPSClosings Protest | #Chicago Tonight | WTTW: chicagotonight.wttw.com/2013/05/20/day… 3 days ago
- While #CPSClosings undemocratic vote occurs, I adminster 10th EPAs test for 2012-13. Schools are being held hostage in #Chicago and #America 3 days ago
- @INTPoet @Upworthy Igual 3 days ago
- RT @phillipcantor: The Nation summarizes some of the myths about #CPSclosings. In #CPS the truth is underutilized. thenation.com/blog/174424/ch… 3 days ago
In this Blog
Common TopicsAn Open Letter from Arne Duncan to America's Teachers Chicago Chicago Public Schools Chicago Teachers Union Common Core State Standards Deborah Meier Diane Ravitch DREAM Act edreform edublogs education Education Bill of Rights Education Reform extended school day Fred Klonsky Gates Foundation gentrification high-stakes testing IEA IFT Illinois immigration Jonah Edelman Jonathon Kozol longer school day Matt Damon Matt Farmer Mikva Challenge new blog Pearson Learning Pedro Noguera PERA Race to the Top Rahm Emanuel Save Our Schools school funding Shel Trapp Sir Ken Robinson Stand for Children IL Stephen Krashen summer reading teachers turnarounds UseYourTeacherVoice VIVAteachers