Ken Goodman says it well: It’s high expectations, not standards that we need.
- RT @AmyHermalik: "Blessed the orgnzr who dscvrs the strngth in wounds" Lstn to @ClassroomSooth, a grt tchr, tlk abt mkng educ rlvnt http://… 1 day ago
- Hearts and Minds: Teaching and Learning the Relevant and Valuable wp.me/p1x25T-dF 1 day ago
- RT @PolitiPoi: .@WIFamilyAction is a hate based group plz do NOT send donations! Send mail telling them that they are actually harming fam… 1 day ago
- On my way to @actioncivics electoral dinner, got #PensionTheft news...hard to teach young ppl their voice matters under such conditions. 1 day ago
- #PensionTheft passed. Congrats, @ILGA & @RepMadigan, I feel like less of a civics teacher, already. 1 day ago
In this Blog
Common Topics#OccupyPiccolo #OccupytheClassroom #Parents Across America abstraction accountability An Open Letter from Arne Duncan to America's Teachers Arne Duncan Aspen Institute AUSL Bill Ayers Blocks Together Brown vs Board of Education Chicago Chicago Public Schools Chicago Teachers Union Christopher Koch Common Core Common Core State Standards creativity Deborah Meier Diane Ravitch DREAM Act edreform edublogs education Education Bill of Rights Education Reform experiential learning extended school day Fred Klonsky Gates Foundation gentrification Governor Pat Quinn Harvard Business Review high-stakes testing high expectations IEA IFT Illinois Illinois Humanities Council immigration ISBE Jonah Edelman Jonathon Kozol Ken Goodman longer school day Matt Damon Matt Farmer Mikva Challenge new blog No Child Left Behind Pearson Learning Pedro Noguera PERA Race to the Top Rahm Emanuel reading reasoning Save Our Schools SaveOurSchools March school closure school funding segregation Shel Trapp Sir Ken Robinson standards Stand for Children IL Stephen Krashen summer reading teachers Tucker Carlson Turnaround turnarounds UseYourTeacherVoice VIVAteachers