Subscribe for a High School teacher’s commentary on education news from around Chicago and the US and how it affects teaching and learning in today’s classroom.
- #FairContractNow for striking workers in #MtOlive #IL #twill #solidarity 12 hours ago
- Everyone remember #Ventra come #Chicago elections. It might just be the last straw for @RahmEmanuel #SchoolClosing, Mental health #clinics 1 day ago
- #Ventra makes me want to vent, and doesnt make me want to venture. #MarketingFail #Chicago 1 day ago
- Steve Baskerville just waved at me. #giddy. 1 day ago
- RT @NakLew: In Boston, we're viewing footage from #Mandela's 1990 visit to Madison High as we set the tone for tonight's #reclaimpubliced a… 1 day ago
In this Blog
Common Topics#OccupyPiccolo #OccupytheClassroom #Parents Across America abstraction accountability An Open Letter from Arne Duncan to America's Teachers Arne Duncan Aspen Institute AUSL Bill Ayers Blocks Together Brown vs Board of Education Chicago Chicago Public Schools Chicago Teachers Union Christopher Koch Common Core Common Core State Standards creativity Deborah Meier Diane Ravitch DREAM Act edreform edublogs education Education Bill of Rights Education Reform experiential learning extended school day Fred Klonsky Gates Foundation gentrification Governor Pat Quinn Harvard Business Review high-stakes testing high expectations IEA IFT Illinois Illinois Humanities Council immigration ISBE Jonah Edelman Jonathon Kozol Ken Goodman longer school day Matt Damon Matt Farmer Mikva Challenge new blog No Child Left Behind Pearson Learning Pedro Noguera PERA Race to the Top Rahm Emanuel reading reasoning Save Our Schools SaveOurSchools March school closure school funding segregation Shel Trapp Sir Ken Robinson standards Stand for Children IL Stephen Krashen summer reading teachers Tucker Carlson Turnaround turnarounds UseYourTeacherVoice VIVAteachers