Modeled after the It Get’s Better campaign, the goal of the UseYourTeacherVoice Project is to create a forum for educators, professors, and pre-service teachers to post 30-second videos about what they believe should be changed in education.
Topics are completely open, and un-edited. They range from testing and curriculum, to parent engagement and unionism. The UYTV Project takes no sides, except to get teachers in the classroom heard by the public-at-large.
Here are a couple submitted UYTV videos:
If you would like to submit a UYTV it is easy.
1) Create a short digital video on your camera, computer, or phone on a edu-topic of your choice.
2) Upload the video to YouTube with the tag: “UseYourTeacherVoice” or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for uploading.
3) Spread the word to other educators via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text.
If you need ideas to get you started here are some
- “In my classroom…”
- “Good teaching/learning is…”
- “I am really proud of my school/ students/colleagues when…
- “What really irks me as a teacher is…”
- “The best principal I ever had…”
- “My Union…”
- “In education today…”
- “This teacher-message goes out to…
Facebook: Use Your Teacher Voice
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/UseYourTeacherVoice